Mobile Massage & Beauty Therapy for the Elderly
Sydney Mobile Therapies offers specialised massage therapy aiming to help senior citizens manage ailments and conditions that come with ageing and improve their quality of life. Knowledge and experience has played a major role in implementing massage techniques that are safe and beneficial for senior citizens. Our trusted and carefully selected therapists will tailor the massage to maximise the benefits of each session.
Our in home Massage for the Elderly combined with our popular Beauty Therapy Services for Elderly makes the perfect package for seniors requiring assistance with grooming due to limited mobility and range of motion. Some popular massage options for the elderly are hand and foot massage, shoulder & head massage, arms & legs massage. These restorative massage treatments are perfect to combine with a manicure, pedicure, nail clipping, waxing or a fab facial treatment for a balanced health and personal care routine.
Read on to find out how our wonderful treatments can help senior citizens!
About mobile massage therapy for the elderly.
Our in home massage for the elderly is a convenient way to benefit from massage therapy, for an improved emotional and physical well-being!
Special massage techniques, designed specifically for our senior citizens help ease the pain, relax stiff or spasming muscles and increase range of motion. These techniques also help with relaxation, relieve tension and provide comfort. We can offer mobile massage sessions once a week, every fortnight or on a monthly basis. Our services are available for seniors at their own homes as well as those in retirement villages, hospitals and nursing homes.
Massage techniques are tailored for the needs and physical condition of each individual and can include (but not limited to) relaxation, gentle remedial, reflexology, lymphatic drainage and encouragement to follow their existing exercise plan.
The benefits of massage for seniors extend beyond the physical, helping them feel a sense of emotional comfort. Compassionate human touch during a massage gives an elderly person the feeling of connection and reminds them how much people care for their well being.
Beauty Therapy Services for Seniors & the Elderly
Our beauty therapy for seniors can be tailor-made into flexible packages designed to address the needs of elderly with limited mobility. We can offer our beauty therapy services on a weekly, fortnightly or monthly basis. Some of our most popular treatments for seniors are:
All these wonderful services are perfect for elderly clients at their own homes as well as those in hospitals, retirement villages and nursing homes. You can select any of the beauty treatments that we offer and create your own package with only what you need.
If you are unsure, our friendly team can help you choose what to include in your package and assist with any questions, concerns or information so don’t hesitate, make a positive change and feel the benefits of our at-home beauty therapy services.
If you are a carer looking for a beauty therapy service for an elderly person, we will be more than happy to work with you to create a treatment regime that will be convenient and beneficial.
Like to learn more about massage for the elderly?
Massage Therapy for the Elderly has shown multiple benefits:
- Increases circulation, resulting in a healthier heart
- Lymphatic function improvement
- Encourages faster healing and can prevent the onset of ulcers
- Helps improve the sleeping patterns as massage relaxes the body
- Relieves tension headaches
- Manages and or eases back, neck, muscle, and joint pain
- Good for relieving the symptoms of depression, anxiety, and stress
- Provides comfort due to the power of a simple touch that both soothes and encourages!
- Improves mobility especially in the case of conditions such as arthritis and Parkinson’s
- Improves range of motion, muscle tone and function, for more flexibility
- Overall health improvement and feeling of well-being
What to expect from our Seniors Mobile Massage & Beauty:
Before a massage or beauty therapy:
- Before the treatment commences, the therapist will consult on any conditions, treatments, therapies or medication they may be on. This will be done in the comfort of your own space as will the massage (and/or beauty) therapy.
- For various health conditions, we may seek the client’s permission to consult with either the family, health caregiver or a contact of their choice.
- It should be noted that there are some conditions where massage is not recommended. We may ask for a letter from the GP prior to the booking
- Once a treatment plan and schedule has been set, your massage/beauty therapist will visit you on the day and time arranged.
During and after a massage or beauty therapy:
- Massage for seniors targets specific areas and uses motion designed specifically for the senior age group. It involves the touching and manipulation of various muscle groups in order to increase blood flow, relax and soothe.
- For first time visits, some clients may feel more comfortable with a family member or close friend present.
- Only parts of the body being worked will need to be exposed whilst the rest will be covered. This is for both modesty and to prevent unnecessary chills. The room should be warm, at comfortable room temperatures during winter months.
- Massage pressure is applied by hand, in a light and sensitive way that may also include the application of oil. This is to be able to manipulate soft tissue in order to stimulate circulation.
- Massage treatment may also include the active or passive movements of the client’s limbs/joints.
- The experience is non-invasive and very relaxing most patients tend to fall asleep. This is most true once they are more familiar with both the treatment and their therapist.
- After the massage take a warm shower or bath and drink plenty of water to help remove the toxins from your body.
Sydney Mobile Therapies adheres to the Public Health Act 2010 Schedule 3 code of conduct for health practitioners. You can download a copy of the act to learn more.
Are you a Carer or an Aged Care provider?
If you are a Carer, or an Aged Care Provider looking for a compassionate, reliable and responsible company to offer in-home treatments to elderly and improve their quality of life, you are in good hands. We can make sure our services fit within your schedule and budget and are tailor-made to accommodate the needs of the person(s) in your care.
If you are a provider, please visit our information for Aged Care Providers page, to find out what Sydney Mobile Therapies can do for your organisation and your clients.
Are you a Senior looking to access Aged Care support?
- To begin the process, contact “My Aged Care” government service on 1800 200 422 to organise an assessment. The “My Aged Care” is open 8am – 8pm Monday to Friday and 10am – 2pm Saturday.
- A family member or a friend can also represent you. Alternatively, you can call an aged care provider to make a referral on your behalf.
- Aged care providers can also assist with My Aged Care related questions, Centrelink related questions and help you understand letters from My Aged Care and Centrelink.
- My Aged Care will arrange for an assessor to visit you and review your needs. The assessment is free of charge but it is mandatory.
- Wait for the outcome of your assessment
- If you are eligible for Government funding, you will receive a letter of approval from My Aged Care with all the information regarding the care package you have been approved for.
- If your assessment shows you are eligible for the Commonwealth Support Programme, you will be given options for local services in your area or the assessor will make a referral to a service provider on your behalf.
- You can contact an Aged Care provider to organise the details for you and help you move forward.
- To find an Aged Care provider, you can visit My Aged Care government website and look for the “Find a Provider” section for assistance with selecting your provider.
Please note: Sydney Mobile Therapies can not provide assistance with the above services.
The Art of Massage for the Elderly:
- Gentle hand manipulation of the body to stimulate the soft tissue. This requires the application of oil that is free of fragrance and any harmful toxins or substances that may cause a reaction. These gentler strokes are designed to help with blood flow and increased circulation. When circulation is working well it helps take the strain off the heart, allowing it to pump more oxygen around the body. Improved blood flow also helps in eases the symptoms of diseases such as diabetes, ulcers, and gangrene.
- There may be movements that require a bit more pressure (friction stroke) and this is usually used in the areas of the shoulder. As our shoulders bunch from tension and various other stresses throughout the day, they can knot up. Deeper strokes are designed to give more flexibility to the area.
- Massaging of the feet and hands may also be done to ease any pain and get the blood flowing to those parts. Feet especially need care as they take most of the daily pressure and are key to helping with blood flow.
- Some passive movement may be involved in order to get the joint into a better condition. This is to help with mobility. It requires gently flexing and stretching of the arms and legs.
So if you are a senior citizen or a carer, do not hesitate. Book your first appointment and experience the benefits of our in-home Aged Care Services!